Saturday, April 19, 2008

Any Ideas?

Next month, my RS lesson is "Gifts of the Spirit" from the Joseph Smith manual. This is a fabulous lesson and I'm really excited to teach it. It happens to fall on Mother's Day. And as a favor for all the moms, the men in the ward are covering Primay and YW so that every single woman in our ward can attend Relief Society that day.

All the women in our ward can be a pretty intimidating bunch. Now, I'm not one to intimidate easily and I wouldn't say that's what I'm feeling. I actually feel more honored that this happened to fall on my Sunday. I feel a great responsibility to uplift and inspire these women. They're leaving their stewards in the hands of the men to become my stewards so I want to make it special.

So if you haven't read the lesson, could you? And please pass on any ideas you have on how to present the lesson. Thanks for your help!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Will do.

Dawn said...

Man, talk about pressure! I'll see what I can come up with!

Amberlyn said...

That is so crazy. I have been striving to know what my personal spiritual gifts are. I am so excited that I get to go to your class. I am totally going to read that lesson tonight.

Robin said...

ditto

Rindee said...

So how did your lesson go? I wanted to hear it so bad, but with a new baby and a runny-nose toddler, I didn't stay past sacrament meeting. It's a shame, because it was Mother's Day, and I love Relief Society, and your topic was one that I would love to discuss with the ladies in our ward. I'm sure it went well...I just wish I could get a recording of it or something.