Saturday, April 05, 2008

Damn that Hannah Montana!

So the girls decided yesterday that they wanted to perform again in the Stadium of Fire. Since they have performed before, the dance studio's, owner Tresa was happy to make room for my girls without an audition. We dropped off a check and we're good to go.

Until..... I got online and tried to purchase a Stadium of Fire ticket! They are sold out! Rumor has it, they sold out in half an hour. What? This is crazy? In previous years, I didn't even buy my tickets until May or June. Well, guess who is performing? You got it- Mylie Cyrus! Now for those of you who aren't from around here you may not know that she performed in SLC about 6 months ago. That concert sold out in 6 minutes. So they added another concert night which sold out in about 1/2 day. A lot of these tickets ended up on Craigs List and Ebay for double or triple the cost.

So... Number 1: A lot of these people who bought SOF tickets don't even care about the event. They are not going to go. They are going to try to make a killing on the tickets that they bought. Number 2: I am not willing to allow my 10 and 9 year old girls go to the SOF without me in the stands. I'm not willing to pay $150 per child so that I can sit outside in the parking lot and wonder what they look like on the field.

Had we been prepared or decided to perform sooner we wouldn't have had this problem because the dancers of each studio had a chance to pre-purchase up to 5 tickets. The only reason my girls decided to do it was because the next door neighbor girl decided to and they, being veterans of the event, wanted to support her (the neighbor girl passed the audition but with a few conditions so she needs a little help) I'm proud of them for wanting to support her and do it with her. But now I've got a find way to get into the Stadium of Fire without paying another $300 for a ticket!

Here are my ideas so far:

1. E-mail all the radio stations and Good Things Utah to see if they'll take pity on me.

2. Talk to everyone I know to see if they have any connections whatsoever that can help me.

3. Let the Studio owner know that I need a ticket in case one of the other dancers' mom's has an extra ticket to sell. (I have already done this)

If you have any other suggestions, that would be great!

You know me, I will not stop without a ticket in hand.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Ouch.

I would make sure you send out cute photos of your girls with all the contacts that you make.

Hilary said...

Good luck -- this post makes me glad I have boys. :)

Dory said...

good luck with that! I hope you can get tickets. When she came here people had the same problem. I love your title!

Robin said...

You know if you keep talking like that your going to be a bad influence on me :)!

I can't believe they make you buy your own tickets, let alone expect you to miss the performance completely!

I'm with Denise. Who could say no to those beautiful faces?