Monday, October 27, 2008

Potty Training Update and Other Crappy Thoughts

So I've given up with the potty training- Aidan's not ready.

I felt like it was a little early but he's been peeing on the toilet for months that I thought this was my window.

It was a good introduction so we'll try again after Christmas.

The interesting thing is the reason it didn't quite work is so different than the other kids. He WANTS to do it, he CAN do it, he LIKES doing it but I can tell it's stressing him out. He's cranky and sad.

Looking back, it probably wasn't the best idea to get rid of the crib and diapers in the same week. I know, Duh! But he's so agreeable and gung ho about everything, I didn't think of it as being too hard on his little emotions.

Enough about that...

Another thought: one of my friends posted "blah, blah, blah" on her blog. That was the title and that was the body of the post- that's it. All of the comments, including mine were like, "Yep- got it, ditto, I feel the same, etc.

I thought it was just me coming off my vacation high. But others are feeling this way too. Usually I don't feel this way until after New Years so it's not a good sign that the "blahs" have already showed their ugly faces.

I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing: Prayer, scriptures, church calling, service, trying to be a patient, loving mother. I'm even having small periods of time where I feel motivated, purposeful and happy. But then the "blahs" come back.

Why? How can we help each other? What can we do?

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Denise said...

I don't know. Usually, it's letting go of my own problems and thinking about someone else.

When I get to focused on my own life...it's easy to get into a funk I can't get out of.

But when I am helping someone else, or being thoughtful, that seems to help.

Randi said...

We're all coming off the summer high, I think. It's time for a change. I'm glad winter is coming and the holidays, maybe that will perk us up? Then again, maybe not... ;) I'm anxious to hear other's suggestions.

Amberlyn said...

Well, Amy, you've had tons of opportunties fall in your lap for service. You are amazing at helping others and giving of your time to them. I have been a great beneficiary of this recently.

My thought, since I am suffering from these same symptons, is exercise. I've read time and time again that exercise is the cure all, end all. Maybe not that extreme. Studies have shown that exercise released endorphins and help curb "the blues".

Let's go exercise!!!

The "Wild West's" said...

I think that it is fall now and we are all prepared for a change but nothing is happening. Usually the weather starts to get cold and everyone nestles inside with soup and hot coco and starts their big plans for Christmas. But with the weather like it has been we are confused! Well thats what I think!

I have weather depression! Or what ever it is really called! The fake "sunlight" lamps don't help me either! I don't know maybe a all paid vacation to Hawii? Now where would we find someone willing to do that for us all?

I'll keep you posted on any one willing to pay our way!;)