Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Confessions of a Skinny Girl

I was talking to a friend (who is skinny- I mean thin as it gets skinny) and she was saying how her daughter who is 10 years old is always eating. She was asking me how I keep my kids from over-eating. That conversation wound it's way to the serving size of a Hershey's kiss (her answer made me gasp! in surprise). This conversation (and other recent friends' blogs) started me thinking, "What would it be like if I was skinny?"

Disclaimer: This post is strictly for laughs- I am not wishing to offend anyone - skinny or otherwise.

Confession #1: I could only eat 1 Hersheys kiss at a time so what is the point of buying a whole bag?

Confession #2: I would get so constipated because there would be hardly any fat in my diet (and I need fat because I don't have a gall bladder.)

Confession #3: I wouldn't have any more friends because they all loved me when I was "fat and sassy".

So I'm happy for now being on the chubby side- this sounds absolutely dreadful!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I definitely would like to be thinner, but I don't think I want to be stick thin...it just seems like it takes all the fun out of life...of course, if I could be stick thin and not have to worry about what I eat...well, that's another matter entirely!

M said...

Being thin is overrated. I've bounced up and down the scale and while I wouldn't mind being more fit, if I have a choice between skinniness and good food, I'll go for good food any day of the week. And you know what? When I was skinny, I WAS constipated. That's my oversharing for the day.

Robin said...

Diddo to what Mar said (except the constipation part, I don't know what she's talking about :).

I think the thing I hate most about being skinny is that if you even gain a few pounds your clothes don't fit anymore. I miss my clothes!