Monday, September 08, 2008

Extreme Segway

Ed and I took the kids up to the Kite Fest on Saturday. It's the first annual festival that celebrates our Spanish Fork wind power as well as "green" products. They had a Segway booth there with free test rides. I've always been fascinated by this product and was so excited to ride it.

It was really fun- it's like a wii balance board with wheels and a handle bar. I'm sure after this experience, my wii fit age skyrocketed because 30 seconds after this picture was taken, I was on the ground! I'm not sure what happened but I got going pretty fast and panicked. When I noticed that I was heading over a small cliff, I pulled it hard to the left to avoid jumping off into space. As I did this, I twisted and flew off the Segway. I landed flat on the ground with my hand still attached to the machine. This made it run over me. It eventually came to a stop in some bushes about 5 feet away.

Of course, the employees were freaking out thinking I was really hurt. Ed couldn't come to me because he was on his Segway frozen with the thought that if he moved, the same thing would happen to him. I wasn't really hurt- and I hopped right back on! I told the employee that helped me, "See, look at my kids and and my husband. They aren't even alarmed. It's because I fall a lot." He said I just wanted to do "Extreme Segway" and to cut it out because I was scaring his customers away. LOL

Hannah almost got a video of it but she missed it. So for right now, you'll have to be content with my version of the mishap. Of course, it's funnier to hear the story told complete with hand movements and facial expressions. Oh well- someday I'll learn to be more cautious.

We had a great time at the festival. And since it was free, we didn't break our new budget. The kids wanted ice cream and you know at those things it's so expensive. So we hit the Little Acorn on the way home. This also was a good budget saver.

Here are some more pictures:








3 comments:

Denise said...

This looks so fun! Love the photo of the kids!

The "Wild West's" said...

Looks Like you got some great pics and had alot of fun!

The "Wild West's" said...

Look like you all had alot of fun and you got some way cute pics.