Wednesday, January 07, 2009

College, Here I Come!

Well, I'm officially a college student-again. Although it's definitely different than when I was in school in the 90's.

In fact, my classes start today and I have been to campus exactly once. I have done most everything online- application, register, apply for financial aid (which is $0), and both my classes are online so I'm going to college in the comfort of my own home complete with my new plush robe and slippers!

I remember at Ricks trying to register with the phone system- what a chore that was. And while you were on the phone, there were 200 other students on at the same time snatching up your classes. Oh how technology has grown in the last 15 years!

Anyway- it feels good to finally be going back to school. I'm excited for my classes and that I have finally found a major that I can see myself actually doing. It will be a slow-going (and expensive) road but it will be worth it when I'm done.

Wish me luck!

Oh and just for fun... here's a picture of me almost exactly 16 years ago at Ricks:



6 comments:

rachel said...

Congrats! I need to go back too, where are you going? Online sounds great to me, maybe that is something that I might actually be able to achieve.

Amy said...

I'm going to UVU and majoring in Secondary Education with an emphasis in English. I'll start out teaching English Comp and Lit but I'd like to add some Communication classes like the school newspaper, yearbook, etc.

Britt said...

Hi Amy! I found your blog from Karin's. I hope you don't mind.

It is so fun to see you again. Your family is beautiful and you look HOT! You are so fun and were one of my favorite people to hang out with. Scrapbook night was always awesome when you were there.

I hope you're doing great!

Amberlyn said...

You go Girl!!!

I know you will find much enjoyment and satisifaction from going back to school.

Dawn said...

Man, that was 16 years ago? You must be OLD!

Are you wearing shorts in that snow?

Randi said...

Hey girl, good luck! I admire you. I am/was an English major too. In fact I have my Bachelor's in English. YOu'll love it! If you need any help (I'm sure you won't) or books (I have all the classics stashed somewhere) or just someone to proof your papers, I'm here. I just started back to school too. I have done a 180 and have decided I want to be a RN! So I hear you on the long and expensive road, but it will be SO worth it in the end!