Saturday, November 08, 2008

Come One, Come All- Thanksgiving Hodge Podge

So for the first time in 4 years, Ed has Thanksgiving off! He works New Year's Eve and New Year's Day but has Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day off. I'm so excited and really looking forward to it.

But.....

There is always a but, right?

I was assuming (since I never heard different) that Ed's Mom, Susan was doing her traditional Thanksgiving Day at Grandma's. Come to find out..... Ed and Susan are going to Brigette's (Ed's sister in WA). Which I think is great and I'm glad they are visiting her but leaves us without Thanksgiving plans. (BTW, she told my Ed a few weeks or months ago.)

So I've decided to put on Thanksgiving here and I'm looking for those who would like to join us. So if you know of anyone in the Utah County area whose family members are far away and they don't have anyone to celebrate Thanksgiving with, please let me know. I thought about inviting my ward friends but most families have other family members in Utah and I knew I'd have to get through 25 invites before finding someone who would like to come. That kind of rejection would kill me!

Out-of-staters: This goes for you too. If you know someone here in this area or a member of your own family who can't get home for T-Day, and think they would have fun at my Thanksgiving of Fun- please let me know.

I'm thinking we'll eat around 1 p.m. and then about 3 p.m. or 4 p.m., hit a movie. We're not that much into Football but we do have the one TV in the basement for sports fans.

And, we do have a guest room for any one needing a place to stay for the night or weekend.

So, come one, come 50, to the Huhtala Thanksgiving Feast of Fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
This is your Dad's cousin Bruce Hill......I am working on a family tree and was looking for information.....my email address where you can contact me is bruce@bbhill.net - if you remember, I am the one that was in the Navy for 22.5 years.......Doc helped me get signed in......anyway.....please contact me so we can chat.
Thanks
Bruce

Jessica said...

How sweet of you! What a great idea and what a great experience for your kids.

Amberlyn said...

Sometimes I wish I didn't have family close so that I could join in the Huhtala Family Fun.

With this kind of invitation I'm sure your home will be filled with more people then Ed is comfortable with. Such is the life with Amy Huhtala. The more the merrier!!!

Robin said...

Man! I wish I could come!