Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My New Favorite Store

So I'm still losing weight and finding it frustrating to buy new clothes to have them fit for a month or two- what's the point?

And thanks to Amberlyn, I am now under the impression that the only jeans I look good in or fit me are Gap ones. So since those are $50 or more per pair, I had to find a new way to find clothes that I love, look cute in, and feel cute in. As you know if you've every tried to lose weight that feeling is the most important feeling in the world to keeping the weight off. If I start to feel fat again, well, I'll just become that, right?

DI

That's it! It's perfect. My friend told me she only buys her jeans at DI. So Amberlyn and I took a little trip yesterday up to the American Fork DI (cuz that's where the rich people are) and it was fabulous. I got 3 pairs of jeans (1 Gap, 1 Old Navy, 1 Levi's) for $6 each. I also bought a cute sweater for Sunday ($3) and a Gap jean skirt ($5) AND 1 Gap jean jacket (so cute!) for $8!

And the best news of all? The jeans were all a size 14, the skirt a 12, and the sweater and jacket a size Medium.

Yeah!

Oh... and I've now moved from the "obese" category to the "overweight" category on my Wii Fit.

I'll post a picture once I wear one of my new DI pieces of clothing.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Great job!

(shhh . . . you're not supposed to let anyone else in on our little secret! Good thing you live on the other end of the valley!)

Coupon Person said...

I think the construction by the Springville Walmart is a DI. Hopefully some rich people will donate there so we can have a fair shake at the good stuff closer to home (Provo has too much competition).

Hilary said...

Wah, I miss DI -- goodwill is NOT the same.
AND, I was pretty dang excited when I went from obese to overweight. It's a happy thing.

Denise said...

congrats on the weight loss.