Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


So today is my 35th Birthday!

It's been a fabulous day. I started by sleeping right through my alarm at 6:15 a.m. telling me that it's time to go swimming. Then, Ed awoke me with the heavenly aroma of a Betos breakfast burrito. (I ate half and only the filling.) He was kind enough to take the kids to swimming lessons while I continued to lounge around in bed.

The kids showered me with gifts from the dollar store as soon as they got home. They were so excited that they handed me their cards before they even signed them!

Amberlyn and I went out to lunch to celebrate my arrival into mid-life. We went to PF Changs and had the works! She gave me kitchen knives (which Denise will be thrilled to learn since she told Amberlyn about the sad nature of my kitchen). BTW- my kitchen utensil collection is just fine.....

While we were at lunch, Mary (a friend from work) and Tyler (*her "friend") surprised me at PF Changs with a beautiful collection of roses! The most perfect part? There are exactly 35 roses (12 in wrapping paper and 23 in the vase). I felt like a beauty queen!

Thanks Ed, Kids, Amberlyn, Mary and everyone else who wished me a Happy Birthday! I got like 35 texts too!


*You know how it is when you're single- you're always afraid to "define your relationship". But they are the cutest couple and I'm secretly hoping they get married. Guess it's not a secret anymore! Don't kill me Mary- no one really reads my blog anyway! :)

2 comments:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

All week I kept thinking, "Don't forget to wish Amy a Happy Birthday on Thursday when you see her at the pool," and then you weren't there. Sounds like you had a great day. Happy Birthday, from me.

Amberlyn said...

Thanks for letting me celebrate your 35th birthday with you.

Next year I promise to be more organized and actually get a group of ladies together to go to lunch.

You are a fantastic friend and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I have learned so much about myself through your encouragement and therefore have become a stronger more confident person.

I am amazed at your plethora of talents and the way you are willing to bless others with them.

You are the GREATEST!!!