Monday, August 04, 2008

My "Secret" Weight Loss

So most of you now that I have struggled with losing the baby fat. In my case, baby fat refers to the pounds I gain when I am thinking about getting pregnant, when I am pregnant, when I'm post par-tum, and during the two years that I'm trying to take care of a newborn.

Since in my case, the vicious cycle has repeated itself well before the previously mentioned two years has gone by, I have never really made it a priority to lose that weight.

5 kids, 20 extra un-lost pounds from each pregnancy = 100 pounds!

I decided that since my child-bearing ability changed last fall that it was now or never. So I began working on losing the weight.

I came across a Fabulous program and am happy to say that after 4 months, I have lost 43 pounds! For details on this program and my experience see http://www.confessof2fatgirls.blogspot.com

Now- why the secret? Well- 2 of my BFF's (Denise & Robin) have recently lost a lot of weight. In March, we began planning a girls weekend in Las Vegas and I knew I was going to be the only "fat one" there. I wanted to surprise them so badly that I decided not to mention my efforts on the phone, on my blog, etc.

Truth be told, I also didn't want to mention my efforts in case I failed. Other than my family, Robin and Denise are the 2 most people that I want to be proud of me.

This was highly motivating for me. I had a goal to lost 40 pounds by July 17th. And knowing that they would see me and "freak out" made me push myself harder than I ever have.

So I met my first goal. Now I'm working towards losing 7-10 pounds per month for however long it takes me to get to 130 pounds. I'll probably even out about 150 eventually but I would like to be 130 just once more in my lifetime (and not when 95 yrs. old taking my last breath).

Sidenote: Some of you may read Amberlyn's Pounding the Pavement blog which can be found by clicking on the link at the beginning of this post. When Amberlyn started the blog, she invited me to post on it as well (I am the other fat girl). I told her that I would be happy to... but I was trying to keep my weight loss efforts a secret from Denise and Robin. So we, I mean I, decided to create an alias to post under so that I could remain in secret. I just have to say that after this experience, I understand why Batman and Superman have such a conflicted existence. It's a full time job to keep up an alias and your real life at the same time. Anyway- if you follow the pounding the pavement blog at all you know that there are a couple of posts from "Mandy"- this is a nickname for Amanda Covington, my alias. Sorry to deceive you. If it's any consolation, I have more of a conscience than Batman and Superman so I couldn't keep up the charade.... this is why there are only a few posts from her.

5 comments:

Jolinda said...

Hey Amy, Finally found my way to your blog!!! It's good to see your progress and I promise to be looking more fully into that Secret...Best wishes and GOOD LUCK!!

Robin said...

You are one hot mama!

I was totally stunned when you stepped out of your car and started walking towards me. I can't believe you were able to keep it from us the whole time! What an accomplishment (on both accounts)!

I am so proud of you! I wish I had your dedication. I have always admired that about you. But even more than that, I have admired you for loving yourself, no matter what, and how you never let your weight deter you from having fun. Let me say it again:

YOU ARE ONE HOT MAMA!

Sara Liechty said...

I was just noticing at church a few weeks ago that you had lost a lot of weight. I was going to comment to you on how fabulous you look but lost you after Relief Society. Good Job!

TiffanyHarrison said...

I too noticed at church a couple of weeks ago how fabulous you were looking, but you were way down the hall and I couldn't reach you to tell you how great you looked...so I am telling you know...you look great!!

Rindee said...

I've been noticing, too, but wasn't sure if it was just my imagination. I don't usually pay attention to people's weight. Then last week in Relief Society someone asked me if you had been loosing weight and my suspicions were confirmed! You look great, Amy! And Good luck with the next 43 pounds! (I was admiring your haircut in RS, as well.)