Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stadium of Fire

What a crazy Fourth of July week- all the practices, shuffling back and forth to and from the stadium.... it was fun!

So Betsy and I decided to meet at my house at 5 p.m. The girls had to be to the stadium at 7 p.m. I went to Sally's and bought 3 sets of fake eyelashes, the extra pair for Chalese. So about 4:30, Haylee came up with wet hair and since Ed was standing around, I put him to work blow drying Haylee's massive head of hair. I laid out the eyelashes on the table as I was attaching them to Hannah's eyes. I got one side glued on just as a gust from the hair dryer came sailing across the table. I looked down and her other eyelash was gone! Betsy and Chalese were walking in at that moment when I started to fa-reak out! I can never just let anything go so I continued to twirl around the kitchen while yelling and cursing. Finally, Betsy's reasoning overcame me (she had been telling me to let it go for minutes on end.) Chalese didn't really want fake eyelashes anyway despite my insistence that we stop at Sallys on the way to the Stadium.....

Once we got to the stadium, I was as calm as a cucumber. They make all these threats that if the girls aren't lined up on time that they could be replaced by an alternate dancer. This is very stressful to know that you spent all this money and time and if you're late at all- it's all over. So like I said, once we got there- stressball here was A-okay.

The girls performed fabulously. Thanks to my luck at getting great seats on craigs list, we could see the girls perfectly. I was so emotional when they were dancing- I can hardly sit through any performance of theirs without balling. I'm such a proud mama.

Miley Cyrus actually put on a great show. I'm sure that I like her music more than the girls.

After the show, I bought the girls official Miley Cyrus Stadium of Fire 2008 t-shirts. Haylee and Chalese put them on right away. Hannah decided she would wait- she was still trying to figure out if liking Miley was cool or not.... (ohhh to be young again)

On the way home, we drove with the van door open since it was soooo hot and since we were crawling through traffic anyway. This seemed to make the girls very nervous- they kept asking Betsy and I to close it. What rebels we moms are! A car full of BYU guys kept bugging us that our door was open... (I've forgotten how little effort it takes to entertain a zoobie). When this car full of boys heard that we had "Stadium Dancers" in the car, they erupted into cheers and congratulations. Haylee couldn't stop giggling.

It was a very fun night!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

that is hilarious! I can just picture your tirade looking for the eyelashes!

Glad it went well.